8.17.2015

Celebrate God's Work In You

You are always changing as you journey with Jesus. Just when you think you have it figured out, He shows you how little you understand and how dependent you are upon Him. As you continue to seek Him and cultivate a relationship with Him, you start to become more like Him. When this transformation happens, God reveals to you what habits and behaviors have to go so your transformation can continue and God can do His work in you.

This is not an easy process my friends when we are open and honest with ourselves and humbly admit the icky parts of our personality. We all have icky parts. Habits and behaviors God calls us to surrender so we can be more like Him. The ickiness that we try to mask so others won't see those parts of our lives we have not fully surrendered to Christ.

God showed me one recently. An icky part in me I needed to deal with. A behavior in my life that I needed to surrender to Jesus so I could be more like Him. I didn't smell the stench myself. I deceived myself and unwilling allowed the ickiness to take root in my behavior and attitude. We all do this in one way or another. As God reveals this to you, how you handle this new found revelation testifies to the love you have for your Savior.

Don't get me wrong friends. We all make mistakes and will continue to make them this side of heaven. That's why His mercy and grace is new for us each day and His love is never ending. But the icky parts are personality traits or behaviors we have allowed to mold and deteriorate who we are and what work God can do through us. They are sins in our lives that go unchecked and untreated and bring ickiness to our relationships when the stench of these behaviors rise.

I'm so thankful God is not done with me yet. I'm so thankful He teaches me everyday how to live and love like Jesus. He takes my hand and lovingly shows me what is stinking so I can surrender those parts of my life to Him for cleansing and peace. God cleanses what is decaying and makes us new again so we don't have to smell the stench and allow these behaviors to cause havoc in our relationships.

Can you relate my friend? Has God ever shown you something about yourself that is not who you are or how you want to be perceived? Celebrate Him my friends. Give those toxic behaviors to Him and trade them for peace, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self control.

Thank you Father for not leaving me in my stench but washing me clean so I can be made perfect in your sight. Reveal to me what I habits I must break to be more like Jesus and give me the strength Lord to daily surrender my wants and desires at your feet so I can be kingdom focused and centered on the things that truly matter. I celebrate your goodness and grace for you love me enough to not leave me in my ickiness and for this provision I am truly grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment