3.18.2015

Something To Chew On Today...

I love to visit with people and listen to their stories. It's crazy to see how God has transformed the lives of those who are willing to allow Him to work. As I listen, I can't help but celebrate. He uses the useless, makes the ugly beautiful, and gives purpose to the dis guarded. He loves all and redeems all because His glory is best shown in impossible circumstances. No one is too far gone. He takes the pitiful, wretched, undeserving wanderers and shows them who they really are; fortunate, marvelous, valuable children of God.

I don't know what you are going through friends but I can tell you this, your situation is not unique and our God has seen it before. He knows how to heal the deep wounds within your spirit and give you peace and comfort if you allow Him to. He knows how to take the wretched situations of life and help you see the joy in every moment and celebrate. He can take the depression and despair you are feeling and give you eyes to see how truly amazing you are and the blessings He has given you.

Friends my prayer for you today is that you will be given the eyes to see yourself as God sees you; beautiful and valuable. He gave up everything to have an opportunity, just and opportunity, to know you. When the truth of His sacrifice and love truly sinks into your heart, it will completely alter how you perceive yourself. My prayer today is for you in your circumstance. Life is full of hardships and toxic relationships. It's full of people who will make you feel helpless, unloved, and unappreciated. These toxic relationships will try to extinguish the power and presence of Jesus Christ and imprison you in depression, despair, and loneliness. Do not exchange the truth of your worth for a lie. He says you are beautiful and you are an heir to His kingdom. Kick those toxic relationships to the curb, embrace your inheritance as His child, and find other Christians who can help you grow and see your value in Him.

I understood what it means to be His child better after I had children of my own. I would do anything, give anything, sacrifice everything for my children. I feel their accomplishments and pain as if they were my own. I want them to be successful, happy, and whole. You are His child, God wants that for us too. Embrace your Father and live as His child. Let's chew on this today friends and ponder this in our hearts. You are His child and this title gives you strength to face whatever the world throws your way. You are the child of the Creator and Sustainer of life, embrace who you really are and find strength in your Heavenly Father.

I don't know why this topic is so heavy on my heart today. I just can't stop smiling when I think about His transforming power. God takes my awful habits and situations. He takes my inadequacies and my brokenness. That's what He enjoys doing. Exchanging my wretchedness for His wonderfulness. I give him my crap, He will give me a crown. I give Him my junk, He gives me joy. I give Him my garbage, He grants me grace. 

Friends are you listening, like really listening? He wants your worst so He can give you His best! You are His child and He wants nothing more than to comfort you, love you, and make you feel special. 

So I celebrate today the truth I am His. When life is not going my way, I am still His. When sickness comes or relationships end, I am still His. When I feel alone, I am still His. When the money runs out or my career comes to an end, I am still His. Nothing can take Him away, nothing. I am His and will always be His and this truth is something to celebrate!

So, what do you think? With God on our side like this, how can we lose? If God didn’t hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn’t gladly and freely do for us? And who would dare tangle with God by messing with one of God’s chosen? Who would dare even to point a finger? The One who died for us—who was raised to life for us!—is in the presence of God at this very moment sticking up for us. Do you think anyone is going to be able to drive a wedge between us and Christ’s love for us? There is no way! Not trouble, not hard times, not hatred, not hunger, not homelessness, not bullying threats, not backstabbing, not even the worst sins listed in Scripture:
They kill us in cold blood because they hate you.
We’re sitting ducks; they pick us off one by one.
None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I’m absolutely convinced that nothing—nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable—absolutely nothing can get between us and God’s love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.

~ Romans 8: 31-39

No comments:

Post a Comment