12.22.2014

God Puts A Smile On My Face




Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God— soon I’ll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He’s my God. (Psalm 42:11 MSG)

It's so easy to get down in the dumps. A misinterpreted conversation with a friend can anger you or terrible service at a restaurant during the only date night you've had in months. Maybe it's traffic or you got a bad grade on a project or had a hard day a work. The everyday trials of life that try to rob us of our joy and purpose can really leave us feeling down in the dumps where we need a reservation for a pity party of one please.  

David speaks words of wisdom to us when Satan has derailed our joy. We need to fix our eyes on God and soon we will be praising again. Sometimes you have to live life with tunnel vision where we are fixated and focused on Christ and His goodness. When we focus on Him and what He has done, we see the blessings in the everyday trials and the awareness of the blessings makes us smile in the midst of the temporary distractions. 

So next time my Lily trashes her room when I just cleaned it up, I need to tunnel my vision on what a blessing it is to have a 5 year old who is happy, healthy, and able to play dress up. When things aren't going my way at work, I need to tunnel my vision on the blessing I have to provide for my family in a safe work environment. When I feel left out of a conversation or feel misunderstood by a friend, I need to tunnel my vision on the truth I have a Savior who understands me and calls me friend. 

I don't know what your everyday trials look like, but I do know that they are small battles everyday that we must be victorious over. When the enemy is victorious and causes us to loose focus, we miss opportunities to share the gospel and risk living life staying fuzzy and unfocused to things of God. Satan wants you to turn a blind eye to the blessings of God and he wants to rob you of your smile. We must be victorious and focus on what He has done, is doing, and will do in the life of a willing servant. God is good all the time, and we must tunnel or vision on God's promises in the everyday trials. 

Let's celebrate today the words of David and really put them into practice. Let's not allow Satan to rob us of our joy through the everyday nuisances and misunderstandings. Let's fix our eyes on God and soon we will be praising again for He puts a smile on our faces. He's our God and that's something today I can celebrate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment