12.24.2014

A Wrapped Present


There is something exciting about a wrapped present. The mystery of what's inside and the excitement that swells in me as I daydream about the possibilities. Maybe it's something handcrafted and exquisite designed just for me or maybe it's something valuable and expensive that the giver sacrificed to give so I would have more than I imagined on Christmas morning.

As I look at and ponder a wrapped present, I am flooded with the ideas of what it could be. You see my friends while that present is wrapped, it could be anything. A wrapped present is a symbol of something wonderful that is to come. Given with love and intentionally designed to make the receiver feel happy, loved, and valued.

So today let's celebrate a wrapped present and the possibilities they bring, for Christ Himself gave us a wrapped present on the day of our baptism and acceptance of His sacrifice. A present we daydream about and contemplate how wonderful and glorious it will be as we wait eagerly to open the wrapped present we have through our salvation in Christ Jesus. The gift of heaven and all the wonders this place holds. The best gift by far we have ever been given. 

Heaven. The place where He holds us and we no longer wonder about anything for them we will be made known. Where everything is perfect and good. Pure and lovely. Where worship is constant and the light never goes away. The wrapped present that is ours and no one can take from us. Given to us by the Father, heaven the best present of all. 

Let's celebrate the gift He gave us when we sacrificed everything to give it to us. Let's celebrate and praise the Giver of all things good. God, the maker and creator of all things is our Father and our friend. He gives us so much and loves us unconditionally. Heaven, the wrapped gift He gave, is a great reason for us to celebrate today! 

And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. (Revelation 21:3-7 NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment