12.31.2014

A Long, Loving Look At God



God is a safe place to hide, ready to help when we need him. We stand fearless at the cliff-edge of doom, courageous in seastorm and earthquake, Before the rush and roar of oceans, the tremors that shift mountains. Jacob-wrestling God fights for us, GOD -of-Angel-Armies protects us.

Attention, all! See the marvels of GOD! He plants flowers and trees all over the earth, Bans war from pole to pole, breaks all the weapons across his knee. “Step out of the traffic! Take a long, loving look at me, your High God, above politics, above everything.” (Psalm 46:1-3, 8-10 MSG)

As I end this year, a flood of memories come to mind. Memories of joy and struggle, happiness and hardships. Memories where I have felt alone and desperate but also memories where God has shown me the power of love and community. 2014 has been the most trying year of my life but also, the most rewarding. I have learned so much about myself and most importantly about God and His unending love and providential plan. 

Psalm 46 is a beautiful reminder of where safety and provision comes from. As I get ready to start 2015, the truth that He is in control and has my life and my purpose figured out is comforting. I dread suspense and the unknown but having a God on my side that knows and is never surprised gives me the courage I need to step out on faith and push myself into what could be. 

As 2014 ends and 2015 begins, I want you to meditate on Psalm 46 and take a long hard look at God and what He offers. Be comforted by His safety and providence but be bold and courageous and allow Him to use you in ways that are uncomfortable and scary. God can and will use us all for great things if we allow Him to. 

Let's take a long, loving look at God. Step back from the noise and the traffic. Allow God to reveal to us what He is doing and ask Him if we can be part of it. I pray every morning, "Lord I don't know where You are going, but wherever it is I want to go too." Allow Him to be your safe haven and stand fearless on the edge of 2015 with reckless abandoned and a willingness to love and live radically for Him. 

On the last day of 2014, I celebrate His providence. I celebrate the safety He provides and I celebrate the courage given to those who trust and have faith in His plan. I celebrate the long, loving look I have at my Creator and marvel at His goodness and grace. 

Let's celebrate the safe place He provided in 2014, and celebrate the strength given to face the unknown in 2015. Live boldly and love radically my friends. Allow our God to do something amazing through you because He will if we allow Him too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment