1.06.2015

Celebrate His Design



Do you ever wish you were someone else? Do you ever think you are not adequate and if you were more interesting or adventurous, born in a different family or in a different circumstance you could really do incredible things? Do you ever feel you are mediocre because of things you can’t control? Almost as if you were destined to accomplish little and never amount to more than what others expected.

Friends this is the lie Satan tries to sell us to keep us paralyzed by fear, doubt, and feelings of inadequacy. He wants nothing more than to immobilize the church and trick Christ followers to trade God’s power for a his lie. These thoughts and fears are not based on God’s design and purpose for mankind, they are based on our weakness and giving no credit to the power that is made perfect through our weakness.

God longs to speak truth to us. Truth that sets us free from the lies Satan has sold us. Truth that inspires us to be more and not buy what the world tells us about ourselves but instead live as God designed us to be. You see friends God’s truth empowers us to action. It edifies and builds up our self-confidence when we understand He designed us the way we are, where we are, and how we are for a purpose that only we can fulfill.

There is one you. You wouldn’t be you if you were born to different parents, lived in another circumstance, or were gifted in another way. You are outgoing for a reason. You are shy for a reason. Your testimony of pain, abuse, and addiction were written for a reason. We must choose to use our story for His glory to point to His redeeming grace and abounding love for we are who we are for a reason. God created us and since He is perfect, He cannot create a mistake.

So today I celebrate His design and the way He designed me. I celebrate that power that comes when I embrace the truth of who I am and who I was designed to be. I celebrate a God who loves me enough to not leave me when I feel mediocre, but strengthen me by His Spirit so I feel mighty and empowered. I am not perfect, but a perfect Creator created me. I am not a mistake; I am not here by accident. I am designed for a purpose and created by the God who made everything. I celebrate because we are not a mistake my friends…my God doesn’t make mistakes.

Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank you, High God—you’re breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration—what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.
~Psalm 139:13-16

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment