1.01.2015

He Is In Control. Trust and Be At Peace...


As we look back at the 2014 and celebrate His ability to change our lives and transform what Satan tries to use to destroy us into a testimony of His power to heal, forgive, and make new what is broken; I am fixated on 2015 and His providence. 

My word for this year is "Trust". Trust He knows what I need and where I need to be. Trust His way is better than my way. Trust He has a plan and I need to only worry about the next step I take. Trust my God is good and wants good things for me. Trust and truly be at peace. 

My friends I don't know what baggage you carried in 2014, but I do know He wants you to leave it there. Do not carry your fear, shame, unforgiveness into 2015. Leave it behind, give it to God, trust in Him and truly be at peace. 

Do not allow Satan to build a cage of shame or inadequacy around you and imprison you in your fear and weakness. Instead, embrace your weakness, trust in His ability to make you strong, and focus on the step you are about to take. 

Satan wants nothing more than for you to feel inadequate and ill equipped. The fear you do not have what it takes will paralyze you and prevent you from taking a step into the unknown in 2015. We must trust God to take what is weak and transform it into something that can be used to change the world. 

If we all trusted in this way and carried no baggage into this new year, I shudder to think what God could do and how society could be transformed as we love our families, neighbors, and communities. We could make a radical difference if our hands where lifted high in worship instead of clinging to the bags and chains we carry from our sin. Trust in Him, feel His forgiveness, and forgive yourself. Leave it in 2014 and allow Him to use you in radical ways. Not because you are worthy, but because He is worthy and desires to use what the world discards and discredits in His glorious plan. 

So I celebrate today I can put my trust in a God that is real, good, and loving. I celebrate what He has done and I trust He will do amazing things in my life and the lives of all who trust in His promise and rest in His love. I celebrate the peace and comfort He gives when we trust and allow Him to unravel His plan when He is ready. I celebrate I can trust in God and truly be at peace so I am not a prison to my shame and inadequacy but instead I am free to dream and to be what He created me to be. 

Leave the baggage my friends. Break free from the prison of your self doubt. Allow God to use you and trust in His path and plan. Stay close to His side as you celebrate and find rest in His love. 

Thank you Jesus. You are truly in control. I will trust in your providence and truly be at peace. 

But now, GOD ’s Message, the God who made you in the first place, Jacob, the One who got you started, Israel: “Don’t be afraid, I’ve redeemed you. I’ve called your name. You’re mine. When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end— Because I am GOD, your personal God, The Holy of Israel, your Savior. I paid a huge price for you: all of Egypt, with rich Cush and Seba thrown in! That’s how much you mean to me! That’s how much I love you! I’d sell off the whole world to get you back, trade the creation just for you.

So don’t be afraid: I’m with you. I’ll round up all your scattered children, pull them in from east and west. I’ll send orders north and south: ‘Send them back. Return my sons from distant lands, my daughters from faraway places. I want them back, every last one who bears my name, every man, woman, and child Whom I created for my glory, yes, personally formed and made each one.’” (Isaiah 43:1-7 MSG)

No comments:

Post a Comment