9.08.2014

Praise brings us peace


July 14th
 
Stella Update: doctors made rounds yesterday and decided to try to wean her to the kind of oxygen she will have at home. This can take some time so we are still looking at 5-7 days from what I understand at the earliest. She also is on a 4 hour feeding schedule now and doing well. Dan and Jenny Walter dropped by for a visit and nurse Tammy dressed Stella up all cute for her guests. Keep praying for our sweet girl and her progress. We love you all and we are so thankful for the support that has been shown for Stella.

I take things for granted. As I watch sweet Stella tonight and listen to her monitors, I'm reminded about the simple things in life we take for granted. When Stella sleeps, she has difficulty regulating the oxygen in her blood. She almost forgets to breath at times. The Bible talks about how God is like the air we breath. Job 33:4 says, "The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life." Psalms 150:6 says, "Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord." With His breath He made everything and with our breath we are commanded to praise Him. But sometimes when life gets going and we are trying to keep up, we forget to breath. Just like Stella, we forget to take deep breaths. We forget to commune with our Heavenly Father who puts all things into motion. We forget to praise Him for His goodness and mercy. For with our breath we acknowledge His sovereignty and strength. When we speak our weaknesses to Him, He makes us strong. When He speaks, our lives are given purpose and our souls are filled with gifts and talents that only He can be given the glory for. He takes the orphan and calls Him son and takes the retched and makes them remarkable. By His breath, life is given! But we take His breath for granted and we forget to praise Him with every breath we've been given. When I watch my sweet Stella breath, I want to always be reminded of God and His goodness. I can't help but praise Him every time I look at her. Praise Him is what I was created to do and when I praise Him, He makes me a better mother, wife, and a better person. Through our praise, He breaths life back into us and strengthens us to face each day. Praising God makes His creation feel complete and a peace washes over the soul that overcomes all the fear, doubt, and disappointment that life can bring. Praising God is how we face the hard times. Through our praise He transforms us and our crazy life starts to make sense again. I'm reminded tonight, praise brings us peace and I won't take that for granted anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment