9.19.2014

Transforming My Daily Grind Into a Daily Celebration

I love to sing! There is something about music that connects with my soul. Maybe it's the way the lyrics harmoniously marry the melody line to create a something beautiful. I don't know for sure but I experience a wide array of emotions as I sing and worship. I become very vulnerable in the presence of my God.

I recently have become a huge Natalie Grant fan. She sings like a bird and has a spirit led gift to write lyrics and create songs. One of her newest songs In the End has become a favorite of mine. I cry often as I listen to her sing words of encouragement to all of us going through hard times. Life can seem overwhelming and stressful when we have lots to do in our day. It feels like our engines are working at full speed and we develop tunnel vision and the deadlines get closer and the projects get bigger. We allow joy to slip through our fingers as we focus on what's in front of us instead of on what is above, forgetting the battle and who the victor is in the end.

To be reminded of what heaven is truly about during the self inflicted chaos that consumes us as we rush from here to there stops us dead in our tracks with thankful hearts of worship. I don't stop enough and think about what Heaven is like. My mind can't comprehend the perfection of this place. Perfect joy, love, and peace. To celebrate and laugh all day never ceasing for time will have passed away as dwell in perfection with our God. Everything He made becomes new and beautiful again when He reboots creation and banishes sin and death forever because the payment was rendered with Christ's blood.  As I write and reflect on this amazing place and my confidence in residency, the stress I feel right now washes away and celebration begins to swell inside me.

The truth of the gospel is we will never be good enough... but Jesus is. We can't pay the price needed for our sin... so Jesus did. He took our iniquities upon Himself and our sin past, present, and future was forgiven and is no more because of His shed blood and sacrifice. Heaven is not unobtainable any longer for those that know him because He has signed our names in the book of life and He will stand up on judgement day for us and claim us as His own. Praise God He had a plan to redeem us and is patiently waiting to restore His creation.

As I rock sweet Stella I am convicted I need to focus more on heaven to come instead of the distractions of this world. I must slow down and allow God to transform not only my day to day life but my self imposed "tunnel vision" as well. What's important are the things not seen and the relationships that money can't buy and if I focus on what's above it's makes the tasks at hand more joyous and surrounds them with thanksgiving and praise. My God gave me everything I need and everyone I meet is valued by Him. These truths gives me warm fuzzies and turn my daily grind into a daily celebration. So as I sing and worship Him, I will sing out strong and sing out loud as I imagine and picture my true home where life will all makes sense... in the end!

Official video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHe0W9Q1Rk






 

No comments:

Post a Comment