9.08.2014

God's goodness in all circumstances


June 27th 

Stella Update: She is now off of the light and still comfy. She is having difficulty digesting food so they are closely monitoring that. She can now eat 1 tsp continuously given over a 3 hour period. Pray she keeps down her food. She is making strides in her breathing but she still needs oxygen and her cpap because she breaths fast and shallow most of the time.
Nick is back home with the kids and my mom is here at CMH with me. Thanks for your kind words and prayers we feel truly blessed and are trying to celebrate His goodness in all circumstances.

God knows what you need and when you need it the most. Nick went home and my mom flew in from Florida to stay with me. I love my mom and I was so thankful she came but Nick leaving and going home to be with our three other children was difficult. My family was disconnects and fragmented. We could not all be together and it was very difficult for me. I felt torn between my children and not able to give them all what they needed. Since I could not be there for all my children, I felt useless and small.

A couple from our church, Jenny and Brian, came to visit me that night at the ICN. They have 4 children as well and their third child, Nate, has down syndrome. Jenny spent many nights also at Children’s Mercy with Nate and could emphasize and understand what I was going through. She was very encouraging and showed me so much compassion and love. She told me about her journey and how God had blessed her along the way.

Jenny’s testimony is truly inspiring I hope soon I will be able to grab a cup of coffee with her and be encouraged again by her words. I will write about her experience soon so that you too may be inspired and encouraged by God’s goodness in all circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment