9.08.2014

Trying not to sprint ahead


July 8th
I've always found it comforting and fascinating that God never works in the way you think He will. Because of their sin, He took the Israelites on a 40 year detour to the promised land. David, a shepherd boy, took down the strongest most feared warrior in the Philistine army. Saul, a man who terrorized Christians, having an encounter with Jesus on the road to Damascus becomes Paul, a man who brought Christianity to the masses. Our God does not work in conventional ways. His unconventional methods call us to be flexible and able to go with the flow. As I watch Stella under the lights, I realize some of my strength comes from my ability to be flexible and follow His leading. I wasn't expecting Stella to still be struggling with jaundice and I wasn't anticipating her going back on oxygen but these are small set backs looking at the big picture. We might be here for longer than I would like, but He knows what she needs and I must trust and take one day at a time. Sometimes in life things don't go how you anticipate, but if we can surrender our plan to His and walk along side Him while he leads the way, His plan is more perfect and complete than anything we could have ever created on our own. He knows better and I'm thankful I was reminded, by my sweet Stella, to walk along side Him and not to sprint ahead. For He knows where this road is going and I am just finding joy in His presence as He leads the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment