9.10.2014

The Craziness of Community

I spent tonight with people I love, eating great food, visiting, and sharing life. We lifted each other up, laughed together, and just enjoyed being with one another. We come from all walks of life and yet we have lots of things in common. I don't know everyone well, but we don't have to know each other well to feel accepted and part of the community.

It can get crazy, rowdy, and little noisy but you know that's sharing life and that's true community. Being who you are, where you are. Trying to figure out this walk with Christ together as the world tries to drag us off our path. Christian community provides us with perspective and rejuvenates us to meet the challenges we face daily. I celebrate this God given institution. Our God loves us so much He didn't want us to walk this life alone. That's why He provided the church, that's why He provided community.

As I rock sweet Stella tonight, I praise God for my church and the community I am apart of at Countryside. Going to church is not something I have to do, it's something I get to do. We accept each other, love each other, and serve with one another. That's the crazy thing about community. When you are a part of one, the difficult times of life don't seem so difficult and the joys of life are celebrated. So let's celebrate together and be thankful to our Father for allowing us to part of this crazy thing called community.

So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching.
~Hebrews 10: 24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment