9.08.2014

More than just a job to nurse Tammy


July 3rd
 
It's more than just a job to nurse Tammy. From the first time we met her compassion and love for nursing was clearly scene. Her voice comforted and assured me when fear and guilt overwhelmed me. When I was separated from Nick and our family watching Stella and struggling to keep my composure, she gave me the confidence to feel my emotions and cry. We rejoiced in Stella's victories and found joy in playing dress up. Tammy knew how torn I was in leaving Stella and she reassured me it would be ok and Stella would be snuggled while I was away. I came in this morning and found Stella looking so cute and precious banner was hung to announce to the pod that sweet Stella lives here. This is more than a job for Tammy. This is a calling, a career that gives her life purpose. I found myself thinking as I rocked Stella this morning is my job more than just a job to me. Do I take the time to show compassion and empathy to the hurting and broken? Do I see the opportunities God gives me daily to bring joy and celebration even during the storms of life? Do I allow myself to change the world one person at a time or am I too wrapped up in my routines and check lists that I allow each person slip by? You see I don't know if Tammy will remember me, but I will always remember her. No matter what our occupation we can be someone people remember if we allow Christ to shine in us and work through us. With compassion and kindness we can transform a day of desperation into a day of celebration. Be the one people will remember and let Him shine in the darkest places through you.

No comments:

Post a Comment